That time of year again when pollen is plentiful and the grass and trees are growing. It’s now time to dust off the mower and other lawn tools and get busy.
- Here are some yard tips that we have learned along the way:
- Clean up your yard and get rid of all the leaves
- Apply Lime in Early Spring Months
- Do Not Over–fertilize – its recommended to apply a light amount of fertilizer in early spring and then a large does a bit later in the season.
- Reseed and Water Througly
- Do Not Mow too Short – grass grows best at around two inches and higher
- Apply herbicide to control Crab Grass – mid march is best because it will not usually be up and grown yet.
For More Great tips on how to maintain your Charlotte area lawn check out Lawns in the Piedmont